Hi,
I am working with my friend to build an app (hoogentia.appspot.com) which
requires loading some learned model files to memory. I have a startup
servlet that does this (loading model files to memory). Since it needs more
mem, I run this app in dev mode with memory setting of -Xms1024m -Xmx2048m. I
dont have any issues in development but when i deploy it to app engine and
access my application, the startup servlet is invoked and it comes up with
an Error 500. I am not getting any useful info from the logs. I am assuming
the issue is with jvm settings for app engine in production. I looked at
this thread (
http://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine-java/browse_thread/thread/031d8875b6c8f1a7)
and modified appcfg.sh to
"java -Xmx2000m -cp "$SDK_LIB/appengine-tools-api.jar" \
    com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AppCfg $* "

After doing an update, I still get the 500 Error.
In dev mode, it takes like 80 seconds for the model to get loaded in memory.

Any thoughts / help / suggestions greatly appreciated,
thanks
Joe.