Thanks both for the quick responses.

Leszek you are right with the MVC.  I'm not great at writing web
applications since i am fairly new to the whole situation but all of
my web applications have been written with ASP.NET MVC.
It seems then so far the way i have been writting my applications is
correct.  I do have a few more questions that still have to do with
Servlets/JSP design and functionality.

I'm having a hard time finding a way to get back from the servlet to
the JSP.  I have a path that gets called to /results.jsp.   I have a
resultsServlet that has a doGet method for the JSP results in which
the servlet gets and compiles all the information needed for the
results i want to display.  However, i cant seem to find out how to
get back to the JSP code.  All the doGet method should be doing is
doing a datastore call and getting a bunch of information and
compiling it into a List<objects>.  and then my JSP function is
suppose to be taking list and displaying it.  I cant seem to get out
of this doGet method though.  When i hit link it just displays a blank
page since my doGet method does no displays.

I saw in other forums that they ask how many JSP files and Servlet
files they have.  Dont you need to have a Servlet file for every JSP
file?  It seems to be that GAE is working more with a Model View
archicture.

Lastly, in ASP.NET MVC there is a site.master page that holds the
style template that all the pages will be using.  Does GAE have
something similar to this?

Thanks.