Hi Diana,

I've created GaeVFS to solve this problem:

    http://code.google.com/p/gaevfs/

You can view a demonstration here:

    http://gaevfs.appspot.com/

Note that the current released version (0.3) will only upload about
2.0MB before timing out; the latest code in SVN will support the full
10.0MB allowed by Google App Engine.

There's a feature on the roadmap called "Service for storing and
serving large files," but there's apparently no additional information
available on this feature:

    http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/roadmap.html

Vince