The problem might be in the fact that AppEngine doesn't implement most of
the time zones properly. Here I am outputting a number of attributes for
different time zones. This code works fine locally but look what happens
when I am running it on a deployed site.

LOCAL:

Asia/Seoul    9    false    0    Korea Standard Time
Asia/Shanghai    8    false    0    China Standard Time
Asia/Singapore    8    false    0    Singapore Time
Asia/Taipei    8    false    0    China Standard Time
Asia/Tashkent    5    false    0    Uzbekistan Time
Asia/Tbilisi    4    false    0    Georgia Time
Asia/Tehran    3    false    1    Iran Standard Time
Asia/Tel_Aviv    2    false    1    Israel Standard Time
Asia/Thimbu    6    false    0    Bhutan Time
Asia/Thimphu    6    false    0    Bhutan Time
Asia/Tokyo    9    false    0    Japan Standard Time

DEPLOYED TO APPENGINE:

Asia/Seoul    0    false    0    Greenwich Mean Time
Asia/Shanghai    0    false    0    Greenwich Mean Time
Asia/Singapore    0    false    0    Greenwich Mean Time
Asia/Taipei    0    false    0    Greenwich Mean Time
Asia/Tashkent    0    false    0    Greenwich Mean Time
Asia/Tbilisi    0    false    0    Greenwich Mean Time
Asia/Tehran    0    false    0    Greenwich Mean Time
Asia/Tel_Aviv    0    false    0    Greenwich Mean Time
Asia/Thimbu    0    false    0    Greenwich Mean Time
Asia/Thimphu    0    false    0    Greenwich Mean Time
Asia/Tokyo    0    false    0    Greenwich Mean Time

Hey Google guys, could you at least provide the Etc/GMT zones so that I
could use them as a temporary parch? Right now it goes like this:

Etc/GMT+0    0    false    0    Greenwich Mean Time
Etc/GMT+1    0    false    0    Greenwich Mean Time
Etc/GMT+10    0    false    0    Greenwich Mean Time
Etc/GMT+11    0    false    0    Greenwich Mean Time
Etc/GMT+12    0    false    0    Greenwich Mean Time
Etc/GMT+2    0    false    0    Greenwich Mean Time
Etc/GMT+3    0    false    0    Greenwich Mean Time
Etc/GMT+4    0    false    0    Greenwich Mean Time
Etc/GMT+5    0    false    0    Greenwich Mean Time
Etc/GMT+6    0    false    0    Greenwich Mean Time
Etc/GMT+7    0    false    0    Greenwich Mean Time
Etc/GMT+8    0    false    0    Greenwich Mean Time
Etc/GMT+9    0    false    0    Greenwich Mean Time
Etc/GMT-0    0    false    0    Greenwich Mean Time
Etc/GMT-1    0    false    0    Greenwich Mean Time
Etc/GMT-10    0    false    0    Greenwich Mean Time
Etc/GMT-11    0    false    0    Greenwich Mean Time
Etc/GMT-12    0    false    0    Greenwich Mean Time

Alex