I am a little bit confused ... and <rant>increasingly frustrated by
the many "limitations" of GAE
as a platform for developing serious applications ...</rant>

Both JDO and the DN implementation support multiple primary keys when
using
IdentityType.APPLICATION and specifying an objectIdClass containing
multiple (String)
fields that maps onto the fields of the entity that are appropriately
annotated ...

This "appears" to work, with the "exception" (intentional pun:) that
when validating the metadata
the PK exception is thrown ... subsequent queries on the table
"appear" to succeed ...

while the url documentation could be read as "the datastore only
supports a single primary key field"
I personally don't see anywhere therein where it explicity states
this ...