Sounds good James.
The owned relationship between Book and Chapter is just defined by the fact
that Book has a collection of Chapter as a member variable.  If the
relationship is bi-directional (i.e. Chapter has a Book as a member
variable) then you use the mappedBy field in the @Persistent annotation.
Looking foreward to youre feedback.