Yes, I tried filtering info - and did not get the messsage.
In the end I changed the file to look like:

.level = FINEST

# Set the default logging level for ORM, specifically, to WARNING
DataNucleus.JDO.level=WARNING
DataNucleus.Persistence.level=WARNING
DataNucleus.Cache.level=WARNING
DataNucleus.MetaData.level=WARNING
DataNucleus.General.level=WARNING
DataNucleus.Utility.level=WARNING
DataNucleus.Transaction.level=WARNING
DataNucleus.Datastore.level=WARNING
DataNucleus.ClassLoading.level=WARNING
DataNucleus.Plugin.level=WARNING
DataNucleus.ValueGeneration.level=WARNING
DataNucleus.Enhancer.level=WARNING
DataNucleus.SchemaTool.level=WARNING
com.zas.test=INFO

That is  - I changed the default logging level to FINEST.
I dont like this solution - it's not a "clean solution" and does not
remind me the log4j usage I'm used to.
I would still appreciate if someone can help me fully understand this.