Yes, I need try that, eventually, but probably the biggest source of my startup
slowness is that I'm using annotations to specify classes that are spring beans
and that uses spring's component scanning, which means spring is scanning every
jar in my lib directory.  So currently my spring xml files are pretty much bare
of any bean definitions.