I have the same problem, after Apple's Software Update suggested that
a new update for Java 1.6.0 is available and I have told it to update.
I have restarted the system just in case, but there is no difference.

I am using Eclipse Galileo with GAE SDK and Mac OS X 10.6.1.

After the update, when I wanted to test a GAE Web app on the local
test server, I get this error message:

Dec 12, 2009 7:02:39 AM
com.google.appengine.tools.development.agent.impl.BlackList
initBlackList
SEVERE: Unable to read a jre library while constructing the blacklist.
Security restrictions may not be entirely emulated. /System/Library/
Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Home/lib/plugin.jar

$ jar tf /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/
Home/lib/plugin.jar

java.io.FileNotFoundException: /System/Library/Frameworks/
JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Home/lib/plugin.jar (No such file or
directory)
        at sun.tools.jar.Main.run(Main.java:206)
        at sun.tools.jar.Main.main(Main.java:1044)

The plugin.jar is there as an alias but the Get INfo does not show
that it is not pointing to any original.

$ ls -l plugin.jar

/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Home/lib/
plugin.jar -> /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Resources/
Deploy.bundle/Contents/Home/lib/plugin2.jar

plugin2.jar  does not exist in the destination (Contents of the
Deploy.bundle). Instead, we have plugin.jar in the directory. The
plugin.jar is an alias and, in turn, pointing to:

/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/A/Resources/
Deploy.bundle/Contents/Resources/Java/plugin.jar

I probably can fix the Alias plugin2.jar to plugin.jar and it may all
work.

What do you suggest in order to fix it? I could use linux command
"ln", but is that the way? The Apple Finder "Show Original" does not
take me inside the Contents of a bundle.

Yoichi