> But to be even more pro-active, is there a way we can tell it what
> bundles to load?  So it can skip all the jar searching?  Especially
> since it does enhancement before hand, it should write out a manifest
> of exactly which classes need to have metadata constructed.  _or_
> (haha) the metadata could be pre-built as well.

The plugin registry is for registering *plugins* (for DataNucleus - of
which GAE/J provides one - as per an OSGi plugin mechanism), not for
what classes are being persisted. There is (currently) no way of
defining which jars are "scanned" - classpath "getResource()" calls.
In traditional systems nobody in their right mind would want to
restart an app continually.

But rather than even think about such things, why not demonstrate it
with facts. The log tells you timings, for plugin loading, and then
for loading metadata, and other things.