Hello Google App Engine forum,

  We have been seeing ever since we deployed our applications
(currently 3 of them) that when our application instances become idle
(they have not been hit for x amount of seconds) subsequent requests
return with a 500 response. Logs show a hard deadline exceeded error

com.google.apphosting.runtime.HardDeadlineExceededError: This request
(32306ebe63b71ab0) started at 2010/02/12 20:39:11.984 UTC and was
still executing at 2010/02/12 20:39:41.225 UTC.
        at
com.google.appengine.runtime.Request.process-32306ebe63b71ab0(Request.java)

And the first line of the log message has the following :

02-12 12:39PM 14.088

javax.servlet.ServletContext log: Initializing Spring root
WebApplicationContext

Question:
Has anyone else seen this behavior? How long does it take for an
application instance to become idle?

Thanks