I've seen this issue with certain deploys where we may not report the
correct error message, but I'm assuming you wrote a simple application that
wouldn't have had any of those issues. This likely coincided with a
maintenance period. You should be able to deploy. If you can't, please let
us know your application ID.

Ikai Lan
http://googleappengine.blogspot.com | http://twitter.com/app_engine