The datastore latency graph is still broken (URI too long for Google
Charts):

http://code.google.com/status/appengine/detail/datastore/2010/03/10#ae-trust-detail-datastore-query-latency

In the periods when it works, it reports query latencies sometimes
over one second. The graph is usually accompanied by "We have
determined that this spike did not affect the performance or uptime of
applications."

Really? One-second query latencies do not "affect the performance ...
of applications"?

Is it the case that query latencies which routinely exceed one second
are considered "normal?"

What is the difference between query latency and get/put/delete
latency? Does a database look-up involve both? Meaning: if there is a
400ms delete latency and a 900ms query latency, will my users have to
wait 1.3 seconds for a database call which causes a delete?