Hi Jake,

If we (as the Google Plugin for Eclipse team) do an FAQ on Maven + App
Engine, it would be simply describe how to get such a setup working with
Eclipse.  I must admit that I have not worked through all the details yet,
but in theory if you have an App Engine project working with Maven, using it
with the Eclipse plugin should be similar to the bottom half of the
GWT+Maven FAQ I referenced earlier in this thread.

The broader issue of documenting best practices for actually building App
Engine projects with Maven in the first place would be better handled by the
App Engine team.  There appears to already be an issue related to Maven +
App Engine integration:

http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=1296

Keith