Well, what I need is something like this:

@PersistenceCapable(detachable = "true")
public class Parent {

        @PersistenceCapable
        @EmbeddedOnly
        public class EmbeddedChild {...}

        @Embedded
        private List<EmbeddedChild> Children;

This doesn't work, so... Do I understand you correctly, that to
accomplish this I have to serialize "Children" into a Text value or
something like that?