> I think if I were to do it all over again I'd either embed the items right
> in the order, or not use JDO at all and try to do some more manual caching
> and batch loading. A lot of time was spent learning how JDO was loading the
> items collection and then trying to get JDO to cache that collection. It
> might be possible, but I couldn't figure it out.

DataNucleus 2.x has L2 caching enabled by default, and caches
relations (1-1, 1-N, M-N). Sadly GAE/J still doesn't support that
version and no sign of when it will either (in fact DN 2.1 is in
progress so they'll be even further behind soon). Can't remember how
much of L2 caching was complete in DN 1.1 since it was so long ago.