Hey, so I've been thinking about the problem description... you mentioned
that there will ever only be one solution for the query, but that doesn't
seem like a valid constraint. For example, let x = 4 and y = 10, let x2 = 5
and y2 = 11.  The value of z = 6 will result in two solutions.

The reason I am asking, is that the contraint of only one solution existing
suggest a different mapping of solutions than the one you suggested (not
sure what that different approach would be yet, but it could be something
along the lines of enumerating the intervals).

Can you guarantee the constraint of only one solution per query?