Hey,

The logs show what is being "GET" for any message.  When loading some
pages, I noticed that, beyond the initial delay of the page, I saw an
8s delay on one of the javascript files that was referenced in the
code.  When I checked the GAE logs, I saw a startup request for the
initial GET for the HTML and then one immediately following GET for
the javascript file.  I suppose it is possible that this was a new
instance spawning (instead of a restart), but I find that unlikely
since I was the only user of my application.  Or, if it is the case
that GAE needs to spawn multiple JVMs to support one full page
request, I think that is a problem :)

Anyways, end result is that from a period of inactivity with no
instances running, I went to my homepage once and saw two loading
requests in the logs right after one another for that single page
load.  This has happened more than once.  Granted, it's now been a
couple of weeks since I last tested this behavior, but I haven't heard
any feedback on my issue to suggest that it has changed.

Jake