On 5 Jul 2010, at 14:44, MArtin Schumacher wrote:

i.e. in my example I have two associations between Person and
ContactData. One holds all ContactData of a Person, the other marks
the registrationData. The registrationData is included in all
ContactData. As I learned, I cannot use a field of type ContactData
and List<ContactData>, instead I have to use Key and List<Key>. Ok.
got it.

You might want to check out Twig which allows direct references for both owned and unowned relationships. No Keys required.

http://code.google.com/p/twig-persist/

Person and ContactData (until now just Email) works.
Now I want to search a Person with a specific email-address as
registrationData. As far as I understand, I cannot use queries with
joins, right? How do I run such kind of queries? Do I have to search
all Emails and than another query with the found email-Key?
How do I delete a Person with all ContactData? Manually with foreach-
blocks?

Twig allows collections of ContactData to be embedded in the same entity as the owning Person. Then you can do a query without the need for a join. It also obviously takes care of deleting at the same time. This "embedded collection" feature is also supported by Objectify.

Overall I think this kind of data handling is not very handy. It
throws us back to stoneage, because developers have to handle
associations by their own...

which is why these alternatives exist.

John