Folks,

I hope I have the right audience.

I am an Independent Software Vendor (read: small software business)
and I have developed a GWT/GAE product.

Things were good during development (plugin et al). I was able to get
features developed quickly.

However, the application performance these days has been dicey to say
the least.

A simple click of a button tends to get 5 to 6 seconds to respond at
times. Dont have any concurrent users right now. The Appspot dashboard
does not show any issues and I am well below the quota.

I have upgraded to the latest GAE engine.

The App is absolutely horrendous to use due to this. As an ISV, I
cannot demo this to my prospective customers and I cant "market" the
cloud availability, Google performance etc.., -- coz that seems to be
the downfall of my app.

The App performs way better on my laptop. The moment it is deployed,
it is bloody slow.

I am aware of the current datastore issues at Google. Is that the sole
reason for this , almost pervasive issue?

Google AppEngine for Business has been announced. Any time tables?
Will it address these issues?

Can someone address this? How about other developers? Can anyone chime
in here...

Cheers
Strawman