it doesn't sound like you need to generate the PDF using a library if it's
stored as a blob ... can't you just set the content type to be
application/pdf and stream the blog contents?

your servlet just needs the key or some mapping to look up the blob.

otherwise, i wrote a summary of my experiences with PDF generation a while
ago:

http://conorjpower.com/2010/01/11/pdf-generation-in-java/