Hi,

The docs here
http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/python/tools/uploadingdata.html
<http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/python/tools/uploadingdata.html>has
this note.
*Note:* Downloading all entities of all kinds only works on App Engine, and
does not work with the development server.

So, trying in the production server might help.

I found this tutorial useful for using bulk loader for Java app engine.
http://ikaisays.com/2010/06/10/using-the-bulkloader-with-java-app-engine/

Regards,
Deepika