On 14 Aug 2010, at 00:24, Ikai L (Google) wrote:
> index and the frequent updates the application needs to make in order > to keep the data current. 71000 CPU to save 100 records seems rather
> expensive?.

My App uses 600,000 CPUms to save 100 entities so I don't think that is expensive at all! However updating an existing entity takes much less cpu, presumably because the datastore only updates those indexes that have changed. I have split entities into parts that change often and parts that don't so updates are cheaper.