Trying to debug why my queries with limits and offsets seem to go
wonky on the 3rd or 4th call, it appears that if I take out inequality
filters things get better.  Can you confirm that inequality filters
might break paginating techniques in App Engine DS?

If this is the case, how might one paginate through large sets of
entities where some need to be filtered based on not meeting equality
criteria?

This seems like a major downer for App Engine!