There is no way to catch a HardDeadlineExceededError.  However, you
should be getting a DeadlineExceededException first.  Perhaps it is
being caught and not properly logged by your code or some third-party
library that you are using?

If you would like help debugging this let me know your application ID
privately and I will verify that everything looks correct on our end.