I have followed the instructions I found and set up the LocalServiceTestHelper to act as a datastore. I can save an entity in the datastore and re-read it, but then I make a call to search for all entities that match a criteria. The resulting List<entity> collection throws an "Object Manager has been closed" exception as soon as I try to get the size().

I understand that this is resolved in a real runtime environment by using the OpenEntityManagerInView filter, but in a testing environment the filter isn't in play. I've been trying most of the day to figure out how to keep the object manager open through the life of a test, but damned if I can get it. Anyone know of a good example somewhere?

Thanks,
Dave