Hi,

I am new to GAE and I want to make a web application page on it.
I was used to work with PHP for web applications but lately I am
struggling to get in the thinking of a GAE web application.

After reading tutorials and trying to do different things I came up
with a thinking how I want my project to be and how to make the
communication through the different layers. I will explain you my
thinking and I would like to tell me if am I in the right way and if I
am not I would like someone to put back into it.

e.g.

I thought to have a user @persistent class for storing the information
of a user, such as name, email(as a primary key), registration date
etc... (I will use the User class for logging in, but I want to keep
some data also for every user)

Then I need to create a java (dao) class that reads and inserts data
to the datastore "tables-objects". I thought to create a different one
for each @persistent class

Then Java files that execute the  functions from the DAO classes and
give information to the jsp files which through JSON give information
to the Ajax functions in the HTML page (which I was thinking also to
be the welcome-file in my web.xml)

So here comes the questions. Is something like this right? Is it going
to work? And if not what do you propose me to do.

Any links or examples are very very welcome.