Eyal,

Now it's clear = you MUST run the application as a Web Application to
be able to activate the App Engine environment with the Datastore that
you need for JDO.

Then you MUST activate the local dev env for App Engine on your
machine : see my previous answer with the link.

If you don't do both actions above, it can not work as you wish.

regards
didier