The problem has also been discussed here (the newer entries):
http://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine-java/browse_thread/thread/dd17f4150950374c

And there's an issue you can star:
http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=4216

I can also confirm that the problem only exists locally on the
development server. If you deploy it to the app engine servers the
mappings will work.

Best, Thomas