Hi Andrew,

You can also monitor your logs in Firefox using our LogDigger library
and Firefox add-on.
http://logdigger.com/solutions/real-time-java-server-logs-in-your-web-browser

LogDigger currently supports Log4J only but we're releasing v2.0 in
the following days which is a complete rework supporting
java.util.logging, custom extensions and sending error reports to our
BugDigger service for further processing.
(We also plan a blog post addressing use on GAE as we use it
intensively in this environment.)

Regards,
Radomir