I'm new to the Java App Engine and I've been searching for a way to have a
general template or theme for my site. I have a header, menu, and side bar
that will stay the same for all pages, so why not manage it through one
single jsp file? My thought was to have a jsp:include for the actual content
of a page. Such as when a user goes to mysite.com/aboutus, the servlet gives
the template, and the template includes aboutus.jsp. I think I've found you
can't have dynamic includes though. I tried this:

In the aboutus doGet() :
            req.setAttribute("page", "aboutus");
            req.getRequestDispatcher("/template.jsp").include(req, resp);

in the template.jsp:
<jsp:include file="<%= request.getAttribute("page") %>.jsp"/>

but always get errors.

Any thoughts on the best practices for templates in GAE/java?