I've gotten some testing done and concluded that the <servet> name is not
relevant to configuring warmup. It appears that GAE looks to see if there's
a <servlet-mapping> for the url-pattern /_ah/warmup and if it finds that
will it issue a GET request for /_ah/warmup. We are free to name the servlet
as we please. It also seems that if there is no such servlet-mapping, there
is no warm-up for the app. I haven't found a way to observe a difference
between the behavior when <warmup-requests-enabled> is false and when it is
true while there is no servlet-mapping for /_ah/warmup. It seems likely that
<warmup-requests-enabled> false  only disables the GET on /_ah/warmup;
giving the same effect as not supplying the <servlet-mapping>.