Hi,

I guess that you should read the "Background" parag of
http://code.google.com/appengine/articles/scaling/contention.html to
see what's happening to your app and then find out a way to
rearchitect it in order to avoid touching same data at same time from
different transactions

Don't have enough details about your appl but maybe the recipe in
following articles may help:
http://code.google.com/appengine/articles/sharding_counters.html

regards

didier