Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

I am using the setProperty() method to set the list of *Recipe*s onto an
instance of the
Entity<http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/java/javadoc/com/google/appengine/api/datastore/Entity.html>class
 that represents a CookBook instance.

It appears that this method only allows the supported data store types and
collections of supported data store types. Although custom serializable
types are allowed, they can be used with this method only if setting them as
Blob or collection of Blob(s).

In my application, storing the *Recipe*s as collection of Blob(s) inside
*CookBook
*is unintended (as it impairs query filtering & ordering etc), I am going to
modify this association to an unowned one-to-many relationship and try it
out.

Sincere Regards,
Kalyan Akella