Hi,

Yes: why don't you only work with JDO and use its persistence manager
to store your entities? The pm of jdo will handle translation between
annotated pojos and datastore transparently for you and then
drastically reduce your code size.

N.B; I personnally switched from JDO to Objectify: much simpler, very
efficient. My only was of accessing the datastore as of now.

About JDO: future seems not so bright. Read section by Ikai Lan in
this thread:
http://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine-java/browse_thread/thread/defc6d14445318b8/75a1e7b5bcbc1bb3?pli=1

regards

didier