Good points!
Having one year of experience with GAE my only hard complaint is the
lack of polymorphism for the Java datastore (JDO queries), and the
lack of strong type checking of datastore Entities (simply working
with a map entity field is a nightmare if you use the low level API).
This forces to re-engineer your data model in clumsy ways, any time
you must model a tree data structure, even worse if your tree nodes
need to contain different data (subclasses of a same base class)...of
course, my app is full of these...

I guess this will be hard to get rid of, since everything seems  to
track back to the way keys are generated (ancestor, appID, etc.), but
I hope some improvements will be available in the future.

For the rest of the options, I completely agree with you.

>>- JRE whitelisting - yeah, every company we've talked to has mentioned this.
Unfortunately, every developer has different requirements. The
whitelisting
process is a bit more involved, as there are many security issues that
need
to be ironed out. I'd love to see the awt libraries available,
personally.

I hope too, since awt would open up to many PDF generation libraries
and so, which are just impossible to use right now.

Regards
Lorenzo