Thanks much for the link! It doesn't directly answer my issue, but it did
give me a few more ideas about how to go about this... I've watched it three
times (so far)! :)

Despite seeing the merge-join in action, I don't think it quite matches my
model, so I'm trying to visualize how to make my data match one of these
models... and that's not working so far either. Anyone else have ideas? The
issue that isn't addressed is the third relationship... everything
demonstrated and talked about in these slides only discuss two
relationships, and it doesn't appear that a third would work (or at least
not very well!).

Also, the limit _is_ over 2000, but sounds like it's 5000 per index. The
extended index class is pretty interesting, but I'm not completely
understanding that either... does that mean I create a new instance of the
index class each time I reach 5000 entries? Or does it mean I create a new
index class itself (i.e. three instances of userIndexClass or one instance
of each of userIndexClassOne, userIndexClassTwo and userIndexClassThree)?

Thanks again!

-Ben