I have searched all over the internet ( Google ) and can't find a concrete
complete example of how to post to the BlobStore from a Command Line Java
program.
All I have been able to find are examples for POSTing or rePOSTing from
inside a GAE application, mostly image related processing.
I am sure it can be done programmatically if the browser does it.

Here is what I have attempted and doesn't throw any errors but also doesn't
actually store anything in the BlobStore.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5042871/uploading-to-blobstore-in-google-app-engine-from-a-command-line-java-application

Any concrete information about what I am missing is greatly appreciated.