Hi,
what Didier's right!
also you could use webservices REST-type, and write your own handlers
with this new way, you could perform the specific operations like:

@POST     -  insert
@PUT        -  update
@GET       -   select
@DELETE -   delete.

so that, you can see that you've got all the basic operations like in a DB,
and acording to what Didier said, you could write a POJO to store all
your data.

Then, in the client side, you could write a program to perform all the tasks

for maintaining these POJOs ( select, update, insert, delete )
programaticly.

here you can find a very helpful project about REST-type services.

http://www.restlet.org/

hope this was helpful.

cheers,

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 11:11 PM, Didier Durand <durand.did...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I don't have a direct answer to your question but I have another
> proposal:
>
> why don't replace the blobstore by a pojo containing a list of gae
> blob objects. They are limited to 1 Mbytes each but you can split your
> files into a collection that you gather via the proper structure (a
> java collection)
>
> You can then access the full servlet api (POST to store them, GET to
> retrieve them)
>
> The recent availability allows you to serve a blob while you fetch the
> next one.
>
> I see only 1 issue in this solution as of now: the 30s limit on
> interactive request meaning that each file has to be served back in
> less than 30s. Maybe too small depending on size of your files.
>
> regards
>
> didier
>
> On Feb 24, 5:13 am, Rick Smith <rick....@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am also looking for a similar solution. Currently my application is
> > running on a local server and I have uploaded more than 50000 thousands
> file
> > in SVN. Now I want to shift on Google app engine and I have already done
> > most of the hardwork. But I do not found a programatic way to upload
> these
> > file to blob store directly and I am still waiting for a concrete
> solution
> > as I can't upload each file one by one using file system.
> >
> > It will be highly appreciated if some one from google take on this and
> > provide us a solution so that we can move on GAE.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Rick

Ronmell F.

*-Information Technologies Engineering-*
ausencia de evidencia  ≠  evidencia de ausencia
http://culturainteractiva.blogspot.com/