Hi John,
acording to my expertise in DataStore, you'll get more know-how when running
the example
you'll see the creation of the files and all the data that datastore deals
with.
try running the helloWorld example and try to
1. create one own Object to be stored (kinda POJO);
2. create a PersistenceManager and instance it, to save the POJO.
3. save the POJO and retrieve it to show the contents.

Of course, when one is trying to run the examples the bugs and problems
appear, but
that's part of our job. If you need more help with running the examples or
writing your owns
write a mail.

we keep in touch!

cheers,

Ronmell F.

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 9:45 PM, John <gro...@tenromans.com> wrote:

> I've been reading the App Engine docs to prep myself for for a new
> project using the datastore.
>
> When learning a new technology I like to look at working code vs. just
> the examples in the docs.
>
> Does anyone know of an active open source project that I can download
> and use to accelerate my learning on the datastore?

*-Information Technologies Engineering-*
ausencia de evidencia  ≠  evidencia de ausencia
http://culturainteractiva.blogspot.com/