Hello,

I got the same error after copying code from another GAEJ project
which I had previously developed. The error is causing by a missing
persistence.xml file, in my case, or I suppose it could be caused by
mis-naming or a missing persistence-unit declaration in the
persistence.xml.

The full documentation I used previously and need to review is here,
http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/java/datastore/jpa/overview.html,
as I'm now getting "No meta data" errors for my data objects. Since
I've used JPA with no problems in other projects, I don't anticipate
any now, once I've worked through the initial setup and configuration.

Cheers!