The app doesn't use persistence at all: all the data it uses is read from
resource files ... and I believe these to be
identical in both cases. ( The app did use persistence and the cache API up
to about 6 weeks ago, but no longer. )

A couple of pages use an HTTP callout to an RSS feed, but the problems
appears with _all_ the pages. Most pages use Google charts in some way, but
I don't believe resulting latency would show up on the server, and the two
deployments make identical chart requests.

I'm sure we'll hit the wall with our primitive approach sometime, but for
now it works quite well. Except when it doesn't 8-).

Thanks for your idea, though!