I've had similar issues since the past three days.  Since I was out on
vacation for the week, I'm fairly certain that it wasn't because of anything
I changed.  The first symptom was when my warmup requests ate up all of my
daily quota because I was getting HDEE's all day on Wednesday.  This had
never happened before.

My first suspicion was a long term memory issue with my app since it had
been running for a few days.  However, since uploading newer versions, I
continue to see the same degraded performance.  Since late Tuesday, all
requests seem to take much longer with a high percentage getting killed due
to HDEE.

Has something changed on the platform this week?  In the mean time, I'm
instrumenting for app stats to see if I can get a handle on bottlenecks.

~Michael