Hi, this question was already debated many times here: it is not a
good idea to use the dev server of gae for production purposes as it
is only a dev server as its name implies.

It's limited in many functions, you have no guarantee on its long
term, etc...

Why don't you go to a standard servlet container (tomcat, jetty,
etc..): it would be much safer for your purpose and as it is close to
gae, you can have 2 versions in parallel or migrate back easily to gae
in the future when needed / possible.

regards

didier