Hi,

I have a question about the runtime classpath that is being used when
starting up a local development server. It is required to set
appengine-tools-api.jar in the classpath a parameter. My application
directory "web_app_dir" does not include some of the libraries that
are required at runtime (see below someother.jar); they sit in a
different directory. I tried to add them using the -cp parameter but
they don't seem to get evaluated. I get a
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError. This is the call I make:

java -cp /home/ben/dev/tools/appengine-java-sdk-1.4.2/lib/appengine-
tools-api.jar:/home/ben/dev/someother.jar
com.google.appengine.tools.KickStart
com.google.appengine.tools.development.DevAppServerMain web_app_dir

Can somebody please shed some light on this? Are only the libraries
used that sit in web_app_dir/WEB-INF/lib? Is there any way I can add
additional libraries using an parameter?

Thanks,

Ben