Hello Will,

I am assuming you are using the Google Checkout integration java API. Though
I don't remember the exact details but I recall having run into similar
issues with Google Checkout when I was doing some work for
Exxtensions<https://www.exxential.com/exxtensions/home> and
it turned out that it was the JAXB context creation that accounted for
almost all the delay. So it is not really an issue with checkout being slow,
but the client library just isn't optimized. Ultimately, I had to move the
creation of the context to the static block apart from several other minor
changes here and there.

Hope that helps.

Tarun