Hi,

Having a version (or even better a timestamp) for last update is also
what I use to maintain integrity of my data.

To manage it simply,
a) I use a hierarchy of object all inheriting from a DsObject so that
I to manage this version only in one place
b) I use the @PrePersist annotation (from Objectify) to make it as
transparent as possible

regards

didier