Hi Ikai,

Could you expand your answer a little? Do you mean that I don't need to
manage a timestap/version if I use transactions? Or do you mean I should use
transactions to combine a read (to check for a changed timestamp/version)
with a write?

If I don't manage the timestamp myself, how does AppEngine know another
process change the data since the last read? part of the key?

Sorry for those beginner questions, I started using the datastore via the
JDO API with a relational background, but it looks it isn't always the best
fit for typical datastore issues. Objectify looks much better as it is
specifically designed for it.

Thanks every one for your answers

Peter