Hey Ikai,

Great to hear that. We all know how hard it is to see something through
someone else's eyes when you know it so well yourself.

I think that when learning something from scratch like this it's good to try
and strike a balance between just following tutorials blindly, and doing
your own investigation and learning. Sometimes I find that I can accomplish
a lot with tutorials, but then discover that they were teaching me to work a
certain way that wasn't so clear at the time. On the flipside, throwing
yourself in at the deep end without guidance can be a waste of time too. If
I hadn't created this thread I would probably be spending this week learning
JDO instead of studying the datastore, just because the tutorial introduces
JDO, which is understandable, as a beginner's tutorial doesn't need to be
confusing people with third party libraries and so on.

For me, knowing what choices are available is key, as I can then work out
which are best for me before going down any blind alleys. The guide sounds
like a great idea - perhaps it could branch off in particular directions
depending on the type of app the user is creating? I know that some of the
above suggestions are not for me (ultra-high traffic levels are unlike to be
a problem for instance) as the app is only for internal use and numbers will
be in the tens to hundreds.