I was merely trying to grab the blobkey before it was closed to see if it
was possible, in trying to find a workaround. I knew that I had to do it
after closing. I see the blobkey string in the file object when it is null,
although I am finding the blog actually is null(corrupted) even though the
key string exists.

So the response null after uploading a blob is as designed, and if so I
would call that broken or I haven't represented my challenge correctly. In
half of my writes with this api, it fails with null. I use my workaround and
get the string, but the blob is corrupted or something. I haven't been able
to narrow in on a work around that works. At this point, I'm switching back
to a servlet upload b/c this is unpredictably intermittently breaking on me.
I really like the file channel api, but the socket is breaking on read and
writes. I realize its experimental, but having said that, I really would
love to use a direct write and read that works. I see you guys progressing
the platform quickly, and look forward to the future of #GAE.

I appreciate your time on the response. :)

Brandon Donnelson
http://gwt-examples.googlecode.com
http://c.gawkat.com